Wednesday 6 August 2014

Jeans (m's favourite item)

r- I think my favourite thing about jeans is that you can dress them up or play them down depending on your mood. Skinny jeans are my favourite because I can wear them with my flats or my pumps. I chose to wear these dark wash skinnies with my nude pumps and a sweet printed blouse from Banana Republic. These jeans are my "go" look. They are fast and appropriate for many different occasions. They fit perfect, so much so, that I bought 2 more pair! It scares me to think that they may stop making them so I needed to make sure that I was covered. The key to this dark wash is to wash them (twice!)  on a delicate cycle before wearing them so they don't fade and only air dry. This helps to ensure that the dye doesn't fade or end up on your shoes, purses, couches! Word of advice...don't stop trying on jeans until you find a fit that suits you perfectly...there is one out there!

m- I love wearing jeans. Fit is always a problem (for everyone-it is not just you) and shopping for them can be trying. As I no longer shop in store, I find jean shopping on line more satisfying. Many of the large retailers have helpful charts and interactive tools where you can type in measurements and they can advise you which styles are the best cut for you. It certainly beats trying on jeans with anxious family members rushing you and terrible lighting. Just be sure to choose a company that has free return shipping and try various sizes and styles in the comfort of your home. If you don't like them - send them back! The jeans featured in the picture were a gift from r. She has opened my eyes to various stores that I have never been in. I was little tentative to try them on, as they came from a junior store, but now I shop there on line and I don't feel old at all!


20 something
40 something
















   

 
shop r's look - blouse is similar (original is sold out)
 


shop m's look (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment