Wednesday 8 April 2015

Bright Workout Wear & We Deserve It!


r- This has been a really fun and rewarding 3 month journey. I have gone from 158 pounds to 136 pounds..thats a 22 pound weight loss so far! I was really upset when I noticed that my clothes weren't fitting like they used to and I was feeling really sluggish and not like myself at all back in December. When I texted M and told her I needed a change she was totally on board and we have been working  hard every day since. We work out on our lunches (usually 25-40 minutes depending on the workout we choose for the day) and then I work out right after work when I get home. Working out with M is a lot more fun than working out alone and I find we push each other a little bit harder than we would if we were just by ourselves. M told me it takes 21 days to form a habit (or break one!) and this couldn't be more true. Working out is just a part of my every day routine now and I feel weird if I don't do it. I will never be one of those "I love working out" people but I feel so much better mentally and physically after I do it. I am just upset that I didn't start this a lot sooner. The way I eat has completely changed as well. No more pop or sugary drinks but lots and a lots of water! My lunches typically include fresh veggies & dip with a large fruit salad for dessert. Dinners look a lot different as well we eat a lot of chicken & veggies with no carbs. One thing that has really helped me is knowing that Friday is my "cheat" night. I let myself off the hook and eat something that might not be that great for me. Knowing that I have given myself one night out of the week makes eating healthy throughout the rest of the week a lot easier. One thing that makes all of this a lot more fun...is the cute workout outfits that I get to wear! I typically choose a comfortable, high-wasited capri style pant. I like pants that are seamless and have a moisture wick away feature as well. I am a sucker for anything bright so I like to add these to my pullover/zip-up sweaters or my running shoes!


m- Great work, r! I have really enjoyed being part of this health focus. I did not see a dramatic transformation in myself, but I am happy to maintain my weight and fight my forty-something metabolism with lots of weight-bearing activities and cardio intervals. My workout pieces reflect my needs when working out - on weekends, I prefer to be outside and will workout on my deck, a park or go for a short run. Warm up gear with proper ventilation, wicking, finished seams and sun protection all play key roles in my clothing choices. I love my Nike hairbands.



20 something - December 2014 (the picture that started it all)






















20 something - April 2015




















40 something
























To shop similar looks, click on the images below:

No comments:

Post a Comment